Sunday 23 February 2014

In with the old and out with the new or I'll be doing some vintage sewing by jove!

Hey pickle pies,

Hope everyone isn't too wet and wistful after what has according to the news been the rainiest period in the UK in 250 years.  I for one have been soggier than Rich Tea that spent too long in the mug with all the training for the London marathon that I've been doing around our rain soaked shoreline.  Although it's been foul I've felt like a titan.


This was me high above B town running 12 miles in 60mph winds and diagonal rain *Rocky face*

The good thing is it's all for a great cause Age UK who do wonderful work with older people and what's a little running in biblical weather, chafed boobs, aching limbs and creaking bones when you're raising £2000.

If you would like to donate then you can find my page at Just Giving.  Any sponsorship is gratefully received :)

 In the midst of all the training  I've had a little problem with my left knee but thanks to my super physio all appears to be well and with 7 weeks to go I tackled the Brighton half marathon to see if all the stretches and rehab were working.


It turns out all is well and despite getting sunstroke post race I managed the half in 2hr 14 mins, which considering I wasn't properly hydrated, it was hot, I hadn't trained for 2 week and it was my knee's first race outing I was over the flipping moon :)

As previously spoken about I will be running the last mile in a handmade dress, which I'll be able to tell you more about when I get the nod from the dearest darlings at By Hand London.  I will say though I'm bloody well pleased with it!  

The talk of sewing leads me nicely into what this post was meant to be about as opposed to running though I'm afraid when you train for a marathon it kinda takes over a bit and I've even been running in my dreams.  The only benefit of this is that waiting on the finish line was the Gos with cocktail in hand. Anywho back to sewing. This time of year is whenever everyone starts making plans for what they want to achieve and I've been making them in my head and need to commit them to a post. As fortune would have it one of them was to kick my ass and sew some of the lovely vintage patterns in my cabinet. This ties in nicely with the deliriously pretty Marie of a stitching odyssey who is steering us all to retro glory with her vintage sewing pattern pledge. Some of my favourite bloggers are on board and I can't wait to see their efforts. So let me make my pledge here and now:

I Rehanon of Miss Demeanour do solemnly swear to make at least three vintage patterns from my stash over the course of 2014 as part of A Stiching Odyssey's vintage sewing pattern pledge.

There I've said it and now it's gold for go!  I haven't made up mind completely yet but one that deffo will be featuring is the Good Life dress as I'll be in the past life if I leave it any longer before making it.  It's not my usual style but hell with bare feet, home brewed cider and some mud on my face I'm sure I can rock it :)


I'm going long sleeved as I need that amount of flounce in my life!

For now though I'm off to run further than I've ever run before.  14 miles in total so exactly 0.9 miles more than I've ever run before but still :)

Love Miss D

xxx



12 comments:

  1. A Stitching Odyssey23 February 2014 at 19:21

    Rehanon, Rehanon, Rehanon...you're my running hero! I wish I had your strength and determination girl! Anyway, I'm over the moon that you've joined in with #vintagepledge and I've added you to the Pinterest board - http://www.pinterest.com/stitchodyssey/vintage-sewing-pattern-pledge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky Face, heh heh heh. Good on you for running for such a lovely sounding charity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a winter to be training for a marathon - you deserve a medal just for sticking to your training! I haven't signed up to Marie's pledge yet but think I might just have to join in the fun! That dress you've picked is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Loving the 'Barbara from the Good Life' dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed by and proud of you! You're totally amazing! I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! I think you should Margo it up in your Good Life dress - lots of gin and no mud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god you are AMAZING! I love that picture of you rain-soaked. So insane but so happy! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. rehanonmackenzie1 March 2014 at 11:08

    haha love Margot. Gerry my walls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. rehanonmackenzie1 March 2014 at 11:08

    Ah thanks dude I can feel the positivity coming from across the pond xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. rehanonmackenzie1 March 2014 at 11:09

    Thanks babes :) Any excuse to watch it for style research purposes and learning about making goat's cheese in a sock hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. rehanonmackenzie1 March 2014 at 11:09

    Tell me about it sugar! The weather has been biblical but they say spring marathons are when champions are made so I'm holding on to that :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. rehanonmackenzie1 March 2014 at 11:11

    Ah I can hear you cheer from here :) You are determined bloody hell with the makes I've seen you wrestle with over the last year and moving house you're a titan! Glad to be pledging. So excited to see everyone's efforts xxx

    ReplyDelete